SkyeBrowse 3D mapping software combines the use of drones and 3D modeling technology by use of videogrammetry to render a rapid three-dimensional map. The use of Unmanned Aerial Vehicles in mapping applications is quickly expanding within the field of Public safety. Use cases include crime scene documentation, traffic collision reconstruction, pre-event planning, and real-time tactical situational awareness. This hands-on course will introduce students to the SkyeBrowse software, aircraft interface, mission flying, 3D map rendering, and Factual Diagram Generation.
During this course students will:
- Understand unmanned aircraft and 3D mapping capabilities
- Discuss 3D mapping use cases and mission planning
- Learn about the SkyeBrowse mapping software and videogrammetry
- Demonstrate crime/accident scene processing using 3D mapping
- Fly a SkyBrowse and WideBrowse mission (demonstration only)
- Learn post-mission 3D map rendering
- Learn Factual Diagram Generation
Course Length: 4 Hours
Cost/Tuition: $65 (Government) / $130 (Private Sector)
Max Class Size: 25 Students for each session
Student Requirements: Laptop with an active subscription or trial version of SkyeBrowse.
Technical Level: For UAS Operators and all field personnel, Criminalist, Accident Investigators, Detectives, UAS Operators